Re: Guix as remote dev machine

From: david larsson
Subject: Re: Guix as remote dev machine
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 16:54:34 +0200

On 2022-03-21 15:09, t@fullmeta.me wrote:
Hi Guix.

I'm trying to come up with a reasonable way to use my Guix machine
sitting in the attic as my remote development server.

[..]

When attempting to do something similar remotely, you very quickly run
into issues. X forwarding to a Linux machine kinda works, but sadly on
OSX, which I have to use as a client, XQuartz X server implementation
can't deal with hi DPI and the end result is miserable.

Reg. the HiDPI part of your issue: here is something that might be worth trying:

https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1933#issuecomment-856059101
https://github.com/Xpra-org/xpra/issues/1933#issuecomment-1014407069

Best regards,
David L