sbcl-slime-swank won't load

From: Trev
Subject: sbcl-slime-swank won't load
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 15:18:35 -0700

I am perhaps misunderstanding how sbcl-slime-swank is meant to be used.
I have installed it into my guix home environment. I have stumpwm
installed on my system.

If I try to (asdf:load-system :swank) from the stumpwm eval repl, I get
a weird error that states "Don't know how to require SB-CLTL2".

Weird! We must be failing to retrieve some dependency.

I then went into Emacs and launched slime, and entered the following
into the REPL:

(require 'asdf)
(asdf:load-system :swank)

I get a bunch of tracebacks to a final message that seems to complain:
Read only filesystem.

I guess something in swank is trying to byte compile into the store itself.

My other sbcl-stumpwm modules load and work.

Any suggestions?

--

Trev : 0FB7 D06B 4A2A F07E AD5B  1169 183B 6306 8AA1 D206