Re: git: 'remote-https' is not a git command.

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: git: 'remote-https' is not a git command.
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 15:57:53 +0200

Hi,

I'm replying to this old mail as I found the time to investigate it and
I found a workaround.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 02:28:25 +0200
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo@cyberdimension.org> wrote:
> In Guix system I've some issues fetching https git repositories:
> > $ git fetch https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages
> > git: 'remote-https' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
What happened is that there was some mismatch between git (git:out) that
was installed trough my system.scm and some git packages (like
git:send-email) that I installed through guix package -i.

So to make it work I installed git with guix package -i git to make
sure that it uses the git from my profile and not from the system.

Denis.