Scanner

From: Gottfried
Subject: Scanner
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 13:17:35 +0000

Hi Guixers,

I installed "Trisquel 10" on a second laptop and the printer (doesn't show up) but works, and also scanning works with my "HP Officejet J4680 All in one" Printer/Scanner.

On my main laptop with Guix System with the same HP Printer/Scanner
printing works, but scanning not.

On this laptop in a VM I installed "Trisquel 10" and neither printer nor scanner works. (I don't know how to set it up,über if it is possible at all?)

GNU Trisquel has the same prerequisites as GNU Guix.

What are the conclusions?

Am I right that Guix makes problems?
Are the proprietary drivers the problem?
Or something else?

Any thoughts?

Gottfried