GUIX behind a proxy

From: Diederich, Stefan
Subject: GUIX behind a proxy
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 11:26:53 +0000

Dear Sir or Madame,

I installed guix with the installation script provided

sudo sh guix-install.sh

After this I added some the https_proxy and http_proxy to the environment in
the file /etc/systemd/system/guix-daemon.service:

# This is a "service unit file" for the systemd init system to launch
# 'guix-daemon'.  Drop it in /etc/systemd/system or similar to have
# 'guix-daemon' automatically started.

[Unit]
Description=Build daemon for GNU Guix

[Service]
ExecStart=/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix-daemon
--build-users-group=guixbuild
Environment='GUIX_LOCPATH=/var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile/lib/locale'
 LC_ALL=en_US.utf8
Environment='https_proxy=https://10.10.6.11:8080'
Environment='http_proxy=http://10.10.6.11:8080'
Environment='HTTP_PROXY=http://10.10.6.11:8080'
Environment='HTTPS_PROXY=https://10.10.6.11:8080'
RemainAfterExit=yes
StandardOutput=syslog
StandardError=syslog

# See <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-04/msg00608.html>.
# Some package builds (for example, go@1.8.1) may require even more than
# 1024 tasks.
TasksMax=8192

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I performed a
sudo systemctl restart guix-daemon.service
sudo systemctl daemon-reload

but unfortunately as I tried to do perform a
guix pull I got the following error messag:

die9s@k-hg-srv1:/media/Berechnungen$ guix pull
Kanal "guix" wird vom Git-Repository auf
"https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git"; aktualisiert ...
Von diesem Kanal wird erstellt:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   98c4f01
substitute: guix substitute: warning: ACL for archive imports seems to be
uninitialized, substitutes may be unavailable
substitute: Liste der Substitute von "https://ci.guix.gnu.org"; wird
aktualisiert ...   0.0%guix substitute: warning: ci.guix.gnu.org: connection
failed: Das Netzwerk ist nicht erreichbar
substitute:
substitute: Liste der Substitute von "https://ci.guix.gnu.org"; wird
aktualisiert ...   0.0%
substitute: Liste der Substitute von "https://ci.guix.gnu.org"; wird
aktualisiert ...   0.0%
substitute: Liste der Substitute von "https://ci.guix.gnu.org"; wird
aktualisiert ...   0.0%
substitute: Liste der Substitute von "https://ci.guix.gnu.org"; wird
aktualisiert ...   0.0%
substitute: Liste der Substitute von "https://ci.guix.gnu.org"; wird
aktualisiert ...   0.0%

Is there anything I might have missed? Can someone help me with configuring
guix behind a proxy?

Thanks in advance
Stefan

Dr. Stefan Diederich
M. Sc. Bioinformatik

Universitätsmedizin
der Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Langenbeckstraße 1, 55131 Mainz
Tel.: 06131 17-5797