Re: Python packages

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: Re: Python packages
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 22:50:43 +0100

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use guix to install packages that debian does not
> offer. However, in most cases (python modules) the package can't be
> installed directly using guix as the package file is missing. What is the
> correct way to proceed for e.g. a pypi module? I am currently creating a
> package file myself, but is this the way it's meant to be? Is there a
> standard place to store such custom scm files?
> Greetings!
>
>                 Moritz

I'm not sure I fully and correctly understand the question. Can you
clarify what you mean by "package file is missing"? Where is it missing
from? How are you creating the packages yourself?

Wojtek

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
PGP: https://koszko.org/key.gpg
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A

Meet Kraków saints!           #10: blessed Hilary Januszewski
Poznaj świętych krakowskich!  #10: błogosławiony Hilary Januszewski
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilary_Januszewski
-- (sig_end)