Re: New package request: aspell-dict-bn

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: New package request: aspell-dict-bn
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 09:49:10 +0800

Akib Azmain Turja <akib@disroot.org> writes:

> I didn't modify any Guix files.  I put that in a file (along with
> supporting forms) and passed the file to "guix package".
>
> I have the Guix repository (as left by "guix pull"), but how can I test
> my changes?

Hello, The guix manual (info guix or better viewed in emacs) has
a "Contributing" section talk about how to do this.  Basically:

1. git clone the guix repository.
2. run bootstrap, configure and make
3. modify the correct source file
4. test it with ./pre-inst-env guix
5. git commit and git format-patch
6. send the patch to guix-patches mailing list

I think the checkout from "guix pull" can be used with "git worktree"
with some care, but I usually use a seperated git clone for contributing.

Hope this helps!