Re: Mysteries of channel configuration during system reconfigure

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: Mysteries of channel configuration during system reconfigure
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 15:12:06 +0000

Hi Kyle,

On Thursday, March 9th, 2023 at 02:50, Kyle Andrews <kyle@posteo.net> wrote:

> [...]
>

> One of the selling points in Guix marketing for me is that the system
> configuration should be self contained within /etc/config.scm and
> channels.scm. However, this appears to not be the case. There seems a
> third element hidden away which prevents me from running:
>

> `guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm`

This should be:

sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm

Also, the manual recommends the following:

"Note: It is highly recommended to run guix pull once before you run guix
system reconfigure for the first time (see Invoking guix pull). Failing to do
that you would see an older version of Guix once reconfigure has completed."