Re: Unable to find wireless printer/scanner (Canon Pixma MG2950) on Guix

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: Unable to find wireless printer/scanner (Canon Pixma MG2950) on Guix.
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 23:30:27 -0400

Hi Luigi,

  If you need to edit files under /etc, the first place to look is in
the configuration settings for the service you expect to read/write
those files.

  However, if those settings don't exist, a possible fallback is to use
Guix's `etc-service`.

```scheme
(use-modules ((gnu services) #:select (etc-service))
             ((guix gexp)    #:select (plain-file)))

(define my-resolv.conf "nameserver 192.168.foo.bar")

(operating-system
 (services (cons*
            ;; Add files under /etc
            (etc-service `(("resolv.conf" ,(plain-file "resolv.conf"
my-resolv.conf)))))))
```

Happy hacking!
  Gary

--
GPG Key ID: C4FBEDBD
Use `gpg --search-keys tracker@disroot.org' to find me

Why is HTML email a security nightmare? See https://useplaintext.email/

Please avoid sending me MS-Office attachments.