Re: Musescore and other music notation packages like Lilypond, Frescobal

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: Musescore and other music notation packages like Lilypond, Frescobaldi, Denemo, Rosegarden
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 17:21:16 +0000

Hi,

thank you very much.
You can explain very well. So I have learned a lot.
I appreciate your endeavouring.

I myself was wondering why
I can’t create a document with:
lilypond THE_FILENAME.ly

this should create a document,
but I believed, what I read.
I guess Arne wanted to say something else and I missunderstood him.

Because when I tried this command, it really made a pdf.
I was wondering, but it was like this.

Now I tried again to:

guix shell lilypond nano mercurial timidity++
and with
cd draketos-songbook
I entered the songbook
and I saw the songs Arne had created.
I saved one song
delfini-tune.ly
delfini-tune.midi

and I was able to save the songbook in my home folder.

I think my mistake was that I was already in the songbook folder
and I wanted to copy the song book folder and not a file in the songbook folder. Now everything went well except the fact I can’t here the voice of the midi file.

I have got problems with midi.
my programmes vlc and audacious, audacity can play the midi file
but I have no voice.
It is silent even I have put it to the loudest possible output.

Kind regards

Gottfried