Workflow on top of local Guix checkout

From: Miguel Moreno
Subject: Workflow on top of local Guix checkout
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 14:14:00 +0200

Hi,

I've been trying to set up a development workflow that involves testing
the changes that I make in my local Guix checkout from my personal
configuration directory.  For this, I make use of a ./pre-inst-env
script located at its root with the following contents:

#!/bin/sh
local_guix_path="../../guile/guix/"
GUILE_LOAD_PATH="$local_guix_path:./src${GUILE_LOAD_PATH:+:}$GUILE_LOAD_PATH"
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH="$local_guix_path:./src${GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH:+:}$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH"
export GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH GUILE_LOAD_PATH

exec "$@"

Where ./src is the entry point of my personal configuration, and
local_guix_path is the path to the Guix checkout.  I should note that
I'm able to replicate this workflow for other Guile/Guix-related
repositories like RDE <https://sr.ht/~abcdw/rde> without any issues, so
clearly there's something particular to the Guix checkout setup-wise
that I'm missing.

--
Best regards,
Miguel Moreno