Re: guix build: error: gcry_md_hash_buffer: Function not implemented

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: guix build: error: gcry_md_hash_buffer: Function not implemented
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 16:49:35 +0200

Hi,

> "26a788ae06 doc: Add some information/recommendation regarding
> --sysconfdir."
>
> that I hope rectifies this!
>
> Let me know if something can be improved still.

I think the “make install” part means here “./pre-inst-env guix pull”.
Well, that’s the only case where I had troubles because this value is
recorded and can be propagated.  Consider,

    ./bootstrap && ./configure --localstatedir=/var && make
    ./pre-inst-env guix pull
    guix pull --commit=1234abc

and compared to the sequence without ./pre-inst-env:

    guix pull
    guix pull -- commit=1234abc

then it does not lead to the exact same Guix.  For examples:

        https://yhetil.org/guix/8635nkshpy.fsf@gmail.com
        https://yhetil.org/guix/86eehycjre.fsf@gmail.com

Cheers,
simon