Re: Guix website Czech translation

From: wolf
Subject: Re: Guix website Czech translation
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 01:33:47 +0200

On 2023-05-10 22:51:56 +0000, Kryštof Šourek wrote:
> Considering it's open source and basically volunteer work, there's probably
> no space for reviews.

In open source, including volunteer work, there quite often is some review
process.  My guess is it did not happen in this instance, but quite often there
is some kind of review.

> If by "bit of" you mean there are mistakes, it's probable there's going to be
> a few since I wasn't familiar with the weblate interface at first.

Sure, there are some mistakes in formatting and such, but most of the things I
did notice are flat out translation mistakes, so I'm unsure how that relates to
you being not familiar to "weblate".

Random example, what the hell is supposed to be "Guile Schéma"?  If you would be
translating a book "Programming in Python", would you really go with
"Programovani v Krajte"?  Since when are names of programming languages
translated?  "Spravce transakcnich balicku" is another example, what is that
even supposed to mean?

Also, side note, I'm not sure I would call GNU Project a "company", is that from
some official source, or how did you come up with it?  Same for "company" Guix.

The whole thing just seems not that well made, can you get an adviser for your
school project to proof read it before sending the patch with an update?

> I intend on fixing them but if you would like to help, go ahead.

I'm happy to hear that, I will leave it up to you then, after all, it's your
school project. :)

> Sent from Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/AAb9ysg>

W.