Re: Racket REPL not working

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Racket REPL not working
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 13:11:53 +0200

Hello,

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

[...]

> I was able to run 'guix shell racket -- racket --version' with it
> segfaulting. Same thing when I switched to using the same commit that
> you're using.

I'm using this Guix commit:

Generation 149  May 08 2023 13:31:35    (current)
  guix e118b92
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: e118b92cfe7a598b71dbbda2622b7551f4a72104

I'm on a foreign distro (Debian 11), I've tested racket in a
pure/not-pure guix shell and it is working, no segfaulting

> Can you paste the output of 'lscpu'? I suspect that there might be some
> optimizations being applied during build time and it's been optimized
> with features not available in your CPU.

This is my lscpu output:

giovanni@roquette: lscpu
Architecture:                    x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):                  32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:                      Little Endian
Address sizes:                   36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
CPU(s):                          8
On-line CPU(s) list:             0-7
Thread(s) per core:              1
Core(s) per socket:              8
Socket(s):                       1
NUMA node(s):                    1
Vendor ID:                       GenuineIntel
CPU family:                      6
Model:                           77
Model name:                      Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2758  @ 2.40GHz
Stepping:                        8
CPU MHz:                         1899.896
CPU max MHz:                     2400,0000
CPU min MHz:                     1200,0000
BogoMIPS:                        4799.73
Virtualization:                  VT-x
L1d cache:                       192 KiB
L1i cache:                       256 KiB
L2 cache:                        4 MiB
NUMA node0 CPU(s):               0-7
Vulnerability Itlb multihit:     Not affected
Vulnerability L1tf:              Not affected
Vulnerability Mds:               Mitigation; Clear CPU buffers; SMT disabled
Vulnerability Meltdown:          Mitigation; PTI
Vulnerability Spec store bypass: Not affected
Vulnerability Spectre v1:        Mitigation; usercopy/swapgs barriers and
__user pointer sanitization
Vulnerability Spectre v2:        Mitigation; Full generic retpoline, IBPB
conditional, IBRS_FW, STIBP disabled, RSB filling
Vulnerability Srbds:             Not affected
Vulnerability Tsx async abort:   Not affected
Flags:                           fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep
mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe
syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_pe
                                 rfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology
nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2
ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popc
                                 nt tsc_deadline_timer aes rdrand lahf_lm
3dnowprefetch cpuid_fault epb pti ibrs ibpb stibp tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
ept vpid tsc_adjust smep erms dtherm arat
                                  md_clear

HTH! Gio'

--
Giovanni Biscuolo