Re: Guix on mobile phones

From: W. T. Meyer
Subject: Re: Guix on mobile phones
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 11:09:00 +0200

Caleb Herbert <csh@bluehome.net> writes:

> I hope there's a way to suppress compiling from source. I don't want
> to be compiling stuff on a mobile device.

I think offloading build processes to another machine defined in
/etc/guix/machines.scm would be a more useful solution than to suppress
building things from source.

For initially provisioning a system one could probably try to make use
of guix system image to create an initial base image of Guix for a
respective mobile device to keep the amount of work to be done at said
device to a minimum.

- Wilko