Xorg output hot-plug not working

From: wolf
Subject: Xorg output hot-plug not working
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 22:50:39 +0200

Hello,

for quite some time now I am trying to figure out how to get hot-plugging of
Xorg outputs working.  When I connect my USB-C docking station to my laptop, the
outputs DisplayPort-3 (and -4) are not showing up in xrandr.

However, when I restart the X server (while the dock is still connected), the
outputs are visible and usable.  Under Alpine linux, even the hot-plugging works
correctly.  Therefore it does not look like hardware nor driver issue.  But I
have no idea how to debug this further.  Would anyone how any ideas what could
be the cause and how could I fix this?

I did attach my configuration, but I believe I am not doing anything special.

Thank you,
W.

--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.