Re: Newbie: Run previous version of Inkscape that exists in /gnu/store

From: Rodrigo Morales
Subject: Re: Newbie: Run previous version of Inkscape that exists in /gnu/store
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 17:49:37 +0000

When I run Inkscape v1.2.1 using an absolute path, Inkscape is
successfully opened.

When I run Inkscape v1.1.1 using an absolute path, a window with a
button "Close" and a message "Inkscape encountered an internal error
and will close now" is opened and some messages are shown in the
terminal where I run the command. See [1] (I'm not pasting it here
because it is 198 lines long).

I thought this problem had to do with the content of
~/.config/inkscape and ~/.cache/inkscape since those folders might be
read at startup by those versions and those directories might not be
backward compatible, so I deleted those folders and I run v1.1.1 using
the absolute path again, but the same window was opened. See [2].

[1] http://web.archive.org/web/20230604174522/http://0x0.st/Hbg2.txt
[2] http://web.archive.org/web/20230604174551/http://0x0.st/Hbg_.txt