Re: Every Reconfigure of Guix Home Results in "Connection Refused"

From: David Conner
Subject: Re: Every Reconfigure of Guix Home Results in "Connection Refused"
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 17:59:09 -0400

Thanks for the explanation. I’ll try to update the thread soon with more
details.

i was wondering last night whether a Guix Home profile can start and
additional set of Shepherd services. I think it can but it would require
using a separate socket.

I’m using both GuixSD and Arch and neither has Guix Home. My dotfiles have
a bit of process to them that create more work when using both distros. I’m
hoping that Home will make this easier to accommodate. I also may change
from i3 to Sway soon, but sticking to KDE on Arch. This has been slowing me
down.

I also may be having problems related to the Guile load paths shepherd is
running with, since I have been running the executable in
/run/current-system/profile, but I just get errors related to
continuations/fibers when I load the file for a second service.

I’m also hoping the shepherd Repl service may help to debug. Whatever is
happening is t common, so it must be a configuration issue.

Apologies if there are email artifacts in the thread. I’m sending this from
my phone & I’m still getting used to gnus and mailing lists.

--
David C.

Aion
<https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/acref/9780190681166.001.0001/acref-9780190681166-e-9?rskey=T60B90&result=9>,
an untranslatable pulsar for your epistemic constellations