guix pull: computing Guix derivation takes forever

From: akib
Subject: guix pull: computing Guix derivation takes forever
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:37:15 +0600

I've just installed Guix on a partition of my new HDD. After the installation I logged in to my user account on a Linux console and executed 'guix pull'. After that it pulled the repository and computed Guix derivation, but stuck while updating substitutes. So I thought something is wrong and restarted the command. Now the pull operation always stucks while computing Guix derivation. There is no sign of activity according to top.