Inherit from a package

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: Inherit from a package
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 13:22:11 +0200

Hello Guixers

I have a package with modified phases and use of the version identifier (#$version) in various steps of the build process. Unfortunately when I inherit from this package and change the source and version, the version used in the new package is the same as from the inherited package. Is this intended behavior or do I have to copy somehow the modified phases over to the inherited package?

Hope the problem is clear and somebody can point me to a solution.

Cheers,
Reza

P.S. Do I have to use substitute-keyword-arguments in the inherited package arguments?