Re: Serializing service config to YAML

From: takev
Subject: Re: Serializing service config to YAML
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 16:58:24 -0700

This is absolutely perfect! Thank you for the link.

On 7/26/23 3:56 PM, Miguel Ángel Moreno <mail@migalmoreno.com> wrote:
Hi,

We at RDE have custom serializers for various document formats that upstream
doesn't seem to entirely agree on.  I've recently proposed a YAML serializer in
here
https://lists.sr.ht/~abcdw/rde-devel/%3Ccover.1678531169.git.contact%40conses.eu%3E
 that should be merged in pretty soon. Hope it helps.

On July 24, 2023 7:34:00 AM GMT+02:00, TakeV <takev@disroot.org> wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> I am attempting to create a service to run a package (specifically this
https://github.com/superseriousbusiness/gotosocial) via shepherd. I have the
config defined as specified in the complex configuration part of the manual, and I
was wondering if there are any existing examples of serializing configurations to
YAML? Right now I have everything passing directly into the command line, and
being able to serialize to a config and pass that in would be much cleaner, I
believe.