Common Lisp systems using `package-inferred-system' fails to find depend

From: Simen Endsjø
Subject: Common Lisp systems using `package-inferred-system' fails to find dependency
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 15:26:50 +0200

Hi,

I’m trying to package some Common Lisp projects which is using
package-inferred-system, but I’m not really sure how this should be done.

I get into a problem packaging log4cl-extras, which has the system
log4cl-extras/error, which in turn uses dissect.

Adding `(inputs (list cl-dissect ...))' doesn’t work, and still gives an error:

┌────
│ Component dissect not found, required by
│ #<PACKAGE-INFERRED-SYSTEM "log4cl-extras/error">
└────

So I probably need to package these in some other way? These projects are using
<https://github.com/40ants/40ants-asdf-system> if that makes a difference.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

┌────
│ (define-public sbcl-log4cl-extras
│   (let ((commit "920e5e551b116419aa82de46e4a8a0f787db7d82")
│         (revision "0"))
│     (package
│       (name "sbcl-log4cl-extras")
│       (version (git-version "0.9.0" revision commit))
│       (source
│        (origin
│          (method git-fetch)
│          (uri (git-reference
│                (url "https://github.com/40ants/log4cl-extras";)
│                (commit commit)))
│          (sha256
│           (base32 "0nhzsh9sm19kd6nwn8k4j8rkfpjnkfx3i30zqr2kvjs0h27ljpjy"))))
│       (build-system asdf-build-system/sbcl)
│       (arguments
│        ;; Drop tests to avoid package more packages
│        '(#:tests? #f))
│       (native-inputs
│        (list))
│       (inputs
│        (list
│         cl-40ants-asdf-system
│         cl-pythonic-string-reader
│         cl-log4cl
│         cl-jonathan
│         cl-40ants-doc
│         cl-strings
│         cl-global-vars
│         cl-dissect
│         cl-with-output-to-stream))
│       (home-page "https://40ants.com/log4cl-extras";)
│       (synopsis "A bunch of addons to LOG4CL: JSON appender, context fields,
cross-finger appender, etc.")
│       (description
│        "This library extends LOG4CL system in a few ways:
│
│ * It helps with configuration of multiple appenders and layouts.
│ * Has a facility to catch context fields and to log them.
│ * Has a macro to log unhandled errors.
│ * Adds a layout to write messages as JSON, which is useful for production as
makes easier to parse and process such logs.
│ * Uses the appenders which are not disabled in case of some error which
again, should be useful for production.")
│       (license license:bsd-4))))
└────