Re: Newbie: How to download mirror: links with wget?

From: (
Subject: Re: Newbie: How to download mirror: links with wget?
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 07:45:49 +0100

Hi,

Rodrigo Morales <moralesrodrigo1100@gmail.com> writes:
> #+begin_example
> mirror://gnome/sources/tracker/3.4.2/tracker-3.4.2.tar.xz: Unsupported scheme.
> 1
> #+end_example

`mirror://` is not a real URL schema; it's used by Guix as a substitute
for writing out the various mirror URLs of large projects like GNOME.
Here's the definition of Gnome's mirror URLs:

--- guix/download.scm
(define %mirrors
  ;; Mirror lists used when `mirror://' URLs are passed.
  (let* (…)
    `(…
      (gnome
       "https://download.gnome.org/";
       "http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/";)
      …)))
---

So the correct URL would be one of these two; by the way, I think that
`mirror://` URL might be wrong, as the `tracker` directories only
contain `3.4`, not `3.4.2`:

  https://download.gnome.org/sources/tracker/3.4/tracker-3.4.2.tar.xz
  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/tracker/3.4/tracker-3.4.2.tar.xz

Both of these work when passed to `guix download`.