Re: -v, --verbosity=LEVEL use the given verbosity LEVEL

From: jgart
Subject: Re: -v, --verbosity=LEVEL use the given verbosity LEVEL
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 20:39:38 +0000

> 1 is for quiet output; 2 is similar to 1 but it additionally displays
> download URLs;

> it additionally displays

I think it is confusing to use the word "additionally" here as there is nothing
that we know about the quiet output for the description that let's us then
conceptualize what will be added to it.

In other words, level 1 should be described with more detail than "1 is for
quiet output".

What should we expect to see in the content of verbosity level 1 in general.

I would have to find the time to conduct some empirical usages with the
--verbosity flag to answer that question succinctly and in the general across
guix subcommands beyond just describing it as "quiet output".

WDYT, nitpick? maybe/maybenot

jgart