Re: share guix and its store between distributions

From: Emmanuel Beffara
Subject: Re: share guix and its store between distributions
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 17:56:08 +0200

De Simon Tournier le 11/10/2023 à 14:45:
> Just to mention that I do not know what happens with the store database
> if you run concurrently two guix-daemon.
>
> For your use-case, it should be ok, though. :-)  Since you will run only
> one guix-daemon at one time.

Indeed, I am not bold enough to run two guix daemons at the same time !

For now, sharing /gnu and /var/guix, things seem to be working. I can use
`guix shell` for custom environments and can do `guix home reconfigure` to
manage a home profile and things seems to work.

Some guix packages behave differently between Guix system and Debian, I will
investigate those on occasion. For instance, the bower mail reader from Guix
has some issues with Unicode when run in Debian and I don't understand why
yet.

--
Emmanuel