Anyone got distrobox working?

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Anyone got distrobox working?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 22:30:34 +0000

Hi,

I noticed that guix has [distrobox][0] packaged but it does not seem to
work.

```sh
$ guix shell distrobox -- distrobox create -i ubuntu:22.04
Image ubuntu:22.04 not found.
Do you want to pull the image now? [Y/n]:
Error: short-name "ubuntu:22.04" did not resolve to an alias and no
containers-registries.conf(5) was found
```

```sh
guix shell distrobox -- distrobox create -i docker.io/library/ubuntu:22.04
Image docker.io/library/ubuntu:22.04 not found.
Do you want to pull the image now? [Y/n]:
Error: open /etc/containers/policy.json: no such file or directory
```

>From what I understand I need to properly setup podman with
/etc/containers populated with the right configs.  I've looked around
but I cannot find any docs or services that allows me to do that.
Checked the mailing and IRC archives but could not find any useful
information.  Apart from maybe podman does not work on guix.

Has anyone got distrobox working and if so how?

Thanks

[0] https://distrobox.it/
--
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g