Re: Unable to build "Ten Years Reproducibility Challenge" paper

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Unable to build "Ten Years Reproducibility Challenge" paper
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 20:36:34 -0700

Hi everyone,

On Tue, Oct 31 2023, Julien Lepiller wrote:

> You could skip tests, but that would build a different derivation
> tree, so it might affect reproducibility

Those shortfalls are a consequence of our packaging habits. In an ideal
world, would running a test suite ever build a different derivation?

Should it ever affect a package's reproducibility?

Please bear with me as I again belabor the same point without receiving
public support. Building packages should be separate from testing them.

Carthaginem esse delendam.

Kind regards
Felix