Re: Turning off tests leads to a different store item

From: Tomas Volf
Subject: Re: Turning off tests leads to a different store item
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 14:08:16 +0100

On 2023-11-02 15:25:33 +0000, Suhail wrote:
> [..]
>
> The hypothetical test derivation leaves the build artifact unchanged,
> but does communicate some "side" information. It's like a fixed-output
> derivation carrying some metadata (further elaboration below).

I am not aware of any, but I wonder if there are test suites that actually
modify the built binary, for example by patching a bool flag `was_tested' to #t.
Runtime behavior could then differ based on the flag.  Do you have some ideas
how to detect/deal with this?

T.
--
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.