Re: Abstractio of Dovecot Users

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: Re: Abstractio of Dovecot Users
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:32:57 +0100

Cześć Marek :)

I also did set up self-hosted email under Guix (in a Guix container)
this year, with configuration here[1]. Right now I can describe it with
the same words you used – "ugly monolith".

So, you're using OpenSMTPD? Does it serve its purpose well? I used Exim
(since that was what I used before under Debian) but the Guix Exim
service misses some parts (e.g. working setuid in child Exims) so I
made a few workarounds. Does OpenSMTPD also have similar problems?

> Would you like a copy of my current system configuration for
> reference?

Sure :)

> prepare to use Linux From Scratch books to build my personal
> distribution of Guix

It can't be that bad? :) After all, it should be possible to either
include custom code in your projects via recursive git repositories or
put it into packages in your personal Guix channel or (I suppose this
is what you want) make your patches live on a git branch of Guix that
can be just `guix pull`'d.

Either way, I'd find it useful to see which of the approaches works out
the best for you. Would you be so nice to share your experiences after
a few months?

Best
Wojtek

[1] https://git.koszko.org/koszko-org-server/tree/container.scm

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A
follow me on Fediverse: https://friendica.me/profile/koszko/profile

♥ R29kIGlzIHRoZXJlIGFuZCBsb3ZlcyBtZQ== | ÷ c2luIHNlcGFyYXRlZCBtZSBmcm9tIEhpbQ==
✝ YnV0IEplc3VzIGRpZWQgdG8gc2F2ZSBtZQ== | ? U2hhbGwgSSBiZWNvbWUgSGlzIGZyaWVuZD8=
-- (sig_end)