Re: Installing software inside containers

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: Re: Installing software inside containers
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 23:09:12 +0100

Hi Caleb, nice to meet folks from Trisquel forum here :)

> Also, how do I map arbitrary directories?  With Podman, I would do
>
>       /home/$USER/.container/home/user:/home/user

You can pass `--share="/home/$USER/.container/home/user"=/home/user` :)

I can't help much with nesting Guix in a system container, tho — I'd
myself like to know if it is supported. I merely recall it's possible
with `guix shell -C` container. But a simple shell won't do in all
cases, I know

Wojtek

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A
follow me on Fediverse: https://friendica.me/profile/koszko/profile

♥ R29kIGlzIHRoZXJlIGFuZCBsb3ZlcyBtZQ== | ÷ c2luIHNlcGFyYXRlZCBtZSBmcm9tIEhpbQ==
✝ YnV0IEplc3VzIGRpZWQgdG8gc2F2ZSBtZQ== | ? U2hhbGwgSSBiZWNvbWUgSGlzIGZyaWVuZD8=
-- (sig_end)