32-bit Python interpreter on a 64-bit system (ARM)

From: Wicki Gabriel (wicg)
Subject: 32-bit Python interpreter on a 64-bit system (ARM)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 15:40:29 +0000

Hello!

Due to dynamic linkage to a library that is only provided for ARMv6
architecture (32-bit) my Python application that is developed for a 64-bit ARM
architecture refuses to work (I load the library with ctypes).  According to
the internet this could be solved by running that script with a 32-bit
interpreter which - of course - is readily available in Guix.
How can I declare on the package (or on the system level if necessary) that
this specific script needs the interpreter of a different architecture than the
system/package is built for?

To give you an example, the end-product will be a whole system configuration
with packages and services and whatnot, that will be generated throught guix
system image my-img.scm --system=aarch64-linux​ but this one package must make
use of the armhf-linux Python ELF.

Thanks for any ideas and input!