Re: Gnome hanging and exiting at login.

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Gnome hanging and exiting at login.
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 08:49:31 +0200

On Sun, Jan 07, 2024 at 05:44:59PM +0100, Philippe Veber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using guix on a Debian 12 machine (I installed guix through apt), and
> starting recently I can't log in anymore via gdm: after entering my
> password the display freezes (blank screen, mouse pointer is displayed but
> I can't move it) and after some time I'm back at login screen. If I move
> .guix-profile to some other name, everything works correctly.
>
> The thing is, I have no idea how to investigate this. /var/log/gdm3 is
> empty, and I don't know whereelse to look. Any idea?

Can you share with us a list of the packages you've installed through
Guix?  That might help us find if some environment variable is causing
problems.

Also the output of `guix package --search-paths -p ~/.guix-profile` (or
-p /path/to/where/you/moved/dot-guix-profile).

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא