Re: catch2-3.5.1.drv fails to build with home reconfigure, but succeeds

From: Richard Sent
Subject: Re: catch2-3.5.1.drv fails to build with home reconfigure, but succeeds with build
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 19:51:27 -0500

On 2024-01-10 18:35, Richard Sent wrote:
When reconfiguring my home environment, y8sll1zarpy78qi6fgrz9xrpx99hhn3b-catch2-3.5.1.drv fails to build. I can run $ guix build catch2@3.5.1 just fine, but the derivation has a different checksum from when I'm building with home reconfigure (2bdvrgwwbrgzxlpckmzsgwrakf8j6yic-catch2-3.5.1.drv).

My build error log (largely) matches Curaiss's failure for the i686 build (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/3220178/log), but I'm on x86_64.

I attached the log and the two derivations to this email. Clearly home is adding stuff to the y8sll derviation, but I'm not entirely sure why or how.

The only path forward I can see is remove packages from home until it builds again, but having greater insight into what's going on would be a huge help.

This problem occurs on multiple machines.

Guix version: 3bf2465faa85b8a14b1cedaad43e2c2d0337cf6b

Appreciate any help!
Richard Sent

Update: Traced the problem back to a package outside Guix's channel failing to build when catch2 was upgraded from 3.4.0 to 3.5.1. Issue was opened in the appropriate place.