Re: Cross-compilation arm-none-eabi

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: Cross-compilation arm-none-eabi
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:28:00 +0100

Hi

On 2024-01-15 11:20, Kristoffer Ström wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm trying to use `qmk` to build firmware for my keyboard, but i'm
> running into cross complilation issues that i have no idea where to
> start on.
>
> When running in a shell with `qmk` i get
>
> arm-none-eabi-gcc: command not found
>
> The only maybe related package i've been able to find is
> `raspi-arm-chainloader`, however this fails to build (it seems also in
> CI)
>
> https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/45a6af1c18b254e2a5bb26c6bab465c3d4476a75/package/raspi-arm-chainloader/0.1?locale=en_US.UTF-8
>
> <- link to failing build on data.guix.gnu.org
>
> Am i missing something? How would i make the cross-compile gcc available
> in a shell environment?
>
> Thx, Kristoffer

Give a try to this in a `manifest.scm` file.

(use-modules (gnu packages embedded))
(packages->manifest (list (make-arm-none-eabi-toolchain-7-2018-q2-update)))

Since some recent changes in guix we have to make-... the package for these cross-compilers.
I don't like it, but it has some reason behind.

Cheers,

PS: There are other problems with cross compilation I hope you don't get after this, if you do, please keep me posted and I'll try to help.