Re: How to disable gnome-display manager?

From: Marek Paśnikowski
Subject: Re: How to disable gnome-display manager?
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:00:39 +0100

> 1. How to avoid the automatic visit to tty7 and the execution of GNOME
>    Display manager?

If I recall correctly, something in /var/lib/gdm is notorious even in other
distribution for its ability to call GDM when not asked. The usual advice was
to rm -r the directory. DO double check this advice, as I do not trust my
memory on this one.

You could also go to the GUIX repository, find the file with the definition of
%desktop-services and copy the variable definition directly into your file.
This way you are able to freely inspect and modify the variable to your
liking. This is what I do with my changes to default data.