Re: Help packaging network-manager-sstp and sstp-client

From: Marek Paśnikowski
Subject: Re: Help packaging network-manager-sstp and sstp-client
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 08:25:02 +0100

> sstp-client is failing with the following error:

> ./autogen.sh: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or
> directory error: in phase 'bootstrap': uncaught exception:
> %exception #<&invoke-error program: "./autogen.sh" arguments: ()
> exit-status: 126 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> phase `bootstrap' failed
> after 5.6 seconds
> command "./autogen.sh" failed with status 126

I have little knowledge about the packaging process, but let my try looking at
this here. In my experience, it is always good to focus on the error messages.

In this situation, I am not sure what exactly is failing here:
1. There is no /bin/sh in the build environment,
2. or /bin/sh complains that whatever file it is asked to open does not exist.

To narrow the possibilites, I suggest to add a build phase before 'bootstrap
in which you ~ ( invoke ( which "ls" ) "-l" "/bin" ) ~ to check the case nr 1.

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Build-Phases.html

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Build-Utilities.html#Program-Invocation