Re: Help packaging network-manager-sstp and sstp-client

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Help packaging network-manager-sstp and sstp-client
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 09:23:44 +0200

On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 08:26:23AM +0100, Lars Rustand wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to package network-manager-sstp (and its dependency
> sstp-client), but I'm running into a weird error. I'm sure it is a very
> easy problem to solve for someone with a little more experience with the
> build-system.
>
> From what I can tell these packages should be fairly standard autotools
> projects, but I have no real experience in using autotools neither in
> Guix packages nor elsewhere so I don't know what I'm doing here.
>
> I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me take a look at
> the packages and help me build them successfully.
>
> sstp-client is failing with the following error:

> ./autogen.sh: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
> error: in phase 'bootstrap': uncaught exception:
> %exception #<&invoke-error program: "./autogen.sh" arguments: () exit-status:
> 126 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
> phase `bootstrap' failed after 5.6 seconds
> command "./autogen.sh" failed with status 126
>
> Which is weird, since /bin/sh does exist, but it should also have been
> told to use something else I think.

Looking at the source code¹ it looks like the included autoconf script
tries to execute configure.  This doesn't work because between the
bootstrap phase and the configure phase we have a phase to adjust the
locations of /bin/sh and other binaries.  I'd suggest overriding the
'bootstrap phase with something like:

(replace 'bootstrap
  (lambda _
    (invoke "autoconf" "-vfi")))