Re: Help packaging network-manager-sstp and sstp-client

From: Lars Rustand
Subject: Re: Help packaging network-manager-sstp and sstp-client
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 22:34:16 +0100

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

> Looking at the source code¹ it looks like the included autoconf script
> tries to execute configure.  This doesn't work because between the
> bootstrap phase and the configure phase we have a phase to adjust the
> locations of /bin/sh and other binaries.  I'd suggest overriding the
> 'bootstrap phase with something like:
>
> (replace 'bootstrap
>   (lambda _
>     (invoke "autoconf" "-vfi")))
>
> ¹
> https://gitlab.com/sstp-project/sstp-client/-/blob/master/autogen.sh?ref_type=heads#L19

Thanks Efraim, that worked (with a small modification - I had to use
autoreconf instead of autoconf, since autoconf did not recognize the
-vfi flags), so now the package built successfully.

Do you have any ideas for the other package as well? I still have not
figured out how to build that one. From looking at the autogen.sh script
there seems to be a similar situation here, this script also tries to
execute configure, but replacing the bootstrap phase did not do anything
for this package.