Unable to boot installer (i686)

From: Kete Foy
Subject: Unable to boot installer (i686)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 03:34:50 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
I am trying to use my old 32-bit netbook, but here is what the installer says:

Booting `GNU Guix installation 1.4.0'

error: USB Mass Storage stalled.
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Press any key to continue...

Failed to boot both default and fallback entries.

Then, the grub screen reloads, and when I try to boot, I get an additional
error message, "error: no such device: 1970-01-01-19-33-31-83."

I tried to set a prefix, but I couldn't get anywhere. Tabbing suggested
something like achi0, but grub said there was no something there with something
like msdos0. Sorry, it's late, and I've shut down the computer.

-- Sent with https://mailfence.com  Secure and private email