Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Guix Days: Patch flow discussion
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 17:46:11 +0100

Hello,

Am Fri, Feb 09, 2024 at 05:35:44PM +0100 schrieb Edouard Klein:
> Am Thu, Feb 08, 2024 at 07:56:48PM +0000 schrieb Skyler Ferris:
> > I'd like to do my part to keep the project in a good state. However, I
> > am new to interacting with large FLOSS projects so I'm nervous about
> > causing more problems than I solve if I just start doing things.
> Same here.

no need to be nervous! I would suggest to just start somewhere and learn
by doing. For patches, anyway the committer takes the final responsibility;
so if you can just add, for instance, "I use this package and it works for
me" this will be a useful point.

And do not be afraid to make mistakes; I have been taking part in Guix for
a long time now, and of course make mistakes from time to time. That
happens, and they can be corrected if they occur. What I find important
is to be upfront about them, and to ask for help if needed.

Andreas