Virtualisation

From: Fabio Natali
Subject: Virtualisation
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:33:15 +0000

Hi! 👋

I need to set up a small number of VMs on a server. The network
architecture would be fairly simple.

I'm considering to use Guix for the server, plus some virtualisation
tools/scripts to set up the VMs, as an alternative to Proxmox and
similar common solutions.

I know Ganeti might be an option, but I understand it might be a bit of
an overkill for a small number of VMs?

Does anyone have any recommendation, in terms of a small-scale
virtualisation setup, ideally declarative and perhaps Guile-based?
Anything I could take inspiration from?

Thanks, cheers, Fabio.

--
Fabio Natali