Re: mcron service and PATH (was: Home service for mbsync?)

From: Emmanuel Beffara
Subject: Re: mcron service and PATH (was: Home service for mbsync?)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:05:08 +0100

Hi,

De Tanguy LE CARROUR le 22/02/2024 à 14:51:
> Quoting Emmanuel Beffara (2024-02-22 13:37:10)
> > I recently noticed an issue with that: it seems that the command in the
> > mcron
> > job is called with an incomplete PATH.
>
> Yes, indeed.
>
> The "problem" was discussed, among other places, here:
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2024-01/msg00091.html>.

Ha. I did receive this thread but didn't read it enough to realize this was
actually the cause of my problem (symptom: mail was not fetched automatically
anymore, it turns out the reasons were essentially the same as in your case).

> Long story short: I decided to put (or inject) the full path in all my
> config files.

My current fix is to prefix the job command with “source ~/.profile;” and keep
the config files otherwise unchanged.

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel