Re: Bitwarden build with "npm-build-system" : Fails to install dependenc

From: Nils Landt
Subject: Re: Bitwarden build with "npm-build-system" : Fails to install dependencies : "npm ERR! code ENOTCACHED"
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:09:13 +0100 (CET)

> Pablo Zamora <pablo.zamora@outlook.fr> hat am 23.03.2024 12:38 CET
> geschrieben:
>
> It seems that npm tries to download package dependencies but has no network
> during the build and fails. I printed dummy network connnexion (or no
> connexion) messages before and after the 'unpack' phases as well as before
> the 'configure' phase to debug and the result is that no network is available
> at those steps. I tried it with 'curl' and it says no network at all during
> the build. So far, I understood that this is normal but I would like to
> download the dependencies - HOW ?
>
> I checked the 'gnu/packages/node-xyz.scm' to see whether other packages have
> a workaround and could not find a general pattern. It seems that every node
> package add 0,1 or 2 specific dependencies in the 'inputs' field but nothing
> huge compared to the bitwarden dependencies list. Here is the 'package.json'
> file pretty printed : https://paste.debian.net/1311744

In Guix you need to define all dependencies in terms of Guix packages. This is
helped by the guix import subcommand.
Sadly, there is no importer for npm.

Your biggest chance of success might be to either write an importer, or find a
way to convert the package.json to something that works with guix import json.
On the other hand, your biggest chance of happiness might be to not package npm
packages in Guix.