Re: Stuck at boot on fresh install

From: David Lecompte
Subject: Re: Stuck at boot on fresh install
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 21:28:36 +0200

Hi Felix, Florian, all

Le lundi 25 mars 2024 à 11:32 -0700, Felix Lechner a écrit :
> > error: no such cryptodisk found.
>
> Do you use LUKS on boot?  Our GRUB supports only a particular type of
> key.  Maybe that's the issue?

I saw from the manual that only LUKS v1 is supported. Is that the only
restriction or are there others?

In any case, this is a fresh install made with the graphical installer, I
did not configure encryption myself, so it seems that the installer does not
work with this option (I tried without, it works). Maybe it would be worth
mentioning that in the manual.

So I will I have to make a manual installation probably. In the manual, 11.1
starts with "You’re reading this section probably because you have just
installed Guix System" but I guess this is also what to read before making a
manual installation.

David.