Re: hurd-vm-service-type into /etc/config.scm

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: hurd-vm-service-type into /etc/config.scm
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:08:54 +0200

Hi Saku o/

Thanks a lot, it works !

I'm in late for the plain text instead html, I think it's ok now.

Have inserted your lines after the (service cups-service-type)

While reconfiguring, I can see several 'hurd' packages arriving ☺️

A great thank you for your help!

Hubert

Here's my  /etc/config.scm with the hurd vm :
(use-modules (gnu) (gnu services base))
(use-service-modules cups desktop networking ssh xorg audio sound dbus
virtualization)

(operating-system
  (locale "fr_FR.utf8")
  (timezone "Europe/Paris")
  (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "fr"))
  (host-name "gnu")

  (users (cons* (user-account
                  (name "hubert")
                  (comment "Hubert")
                  (group "users")
                  (home-directory "/home/hubert")
                  (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev" "audio" "video"
"kvm" "lp")))
                 %base-user-accounts))

  (packages (append (list (specification->package "nss-certs"))
                    %base-packages))

  (services
   (append (list (service gnome-desktop-service-type)
                 (service bluetooth-service-type
                  (bluetooth-configuration
                   (auto-enable? #t)))
                 (service cups-service-type)
                 (service hurd-vm-service-type
                 (hurd-vm-configuration
                 (disk-size (* 10 (expt 2 30))) ; 10 GiB
                 (memory-size 2048))) ; 2048 MiB
                 (set-xorg-configuration
                  (xorg-configuration (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout))))
                 %desktop-services))

  (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
                (bootloader grub-efi-bootloader)
                (targets (list "/boot/efi"))
                (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)))

  (swap-devices (list (swap-space
                        (target (uuid
                                 "527ab16b-d20c-4269-bc6f-8910ef3f8c5e")))))

  (file-systems (cons* (file-system
                         (mount-point "/boot/efi")
                         (device (uuid "1C82-1420"
                                       'fat32))