Re: How to share profile among machines ?

From: Emmanuel Medernach
Subject: Re: How to share profile among machines ?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 16:41:37 +0200

Le 25/04/2024 à 21:35, Felix Lechner a écrit :
Hi Emmanuel,

On Wed, Apr 24 2024, Emmanuel Medernach wrote:

How do you share profiles among machines ?
Do you mean users?

The original problem was to copy a profile from another machine and use it, guix copy <profile> does not add the profile to the list of profiles. But it is the same problem when sharing profile with another user on the same machine.

For instance 2 users wants to have the same profile, user A shares the
directory /gnu/store/...-profile to user B, user B either get access
to it directly or from a remote machine
My users manage their profiles via Guix Home.  Those configuration files
can be exchanged.  All my equipment also publishes the local store, so
built files are never far away.

Good to know, I would prefer guix copy <profile> to handle adding the symlinks. Or to have a subcommand for that to avoid fiddling with "internal Guix scheming".

Thanks to both of you for your help !

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Kind regards