crosscompiling or ...?

From: Fernan Bolando
Subject: crosscompiling or ...?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:40:36 +0800

Hi

(Pls inform me if there is any problem with the formatting of this mail(
non text mode ..etc).)

I was able to install Hurd using the CD images from ftp.gnu.org. I tested
the installation process using one of my Faster Machines and then Later
transferred the Harddisk with Hurd to My old Pentium 90. Hurd Successfully
booted form the P90 and I connected it to my network and I can access hurd
by ssh. I want to recompile gnumach and Hurd but It takes too long on my
P90. I am currently planning a crossplatform compiling using Linux on my
Faster Machine and simply use the P90 as a test bed for the new binaries.

I have read the INSTALL.cross and it is not a recommended approach in
installing Hurd. Is anybody using such a setup? What kind of problems
should I be considering? Does anybody know of a better way of doing this?

thanks and regards
,Fernan