Re: Gentoo GNU/Hurd

From: James A. Morrison
Subject: Re: Gentoo GNU/Hurd
Date: 25 Mar 2003 20:36:03 -0500

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 20:11, Robert Millan wrote:
> well, "Gentoo GNU" might or might not be aesthetically pleasing, but it
> makes more sense to avoid redundancy when there is not a "Gentoo GNU/Linux"
> to contrast with.
>
> see http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/faq.en.html#q1-2
>
> --
> Robert Millan

 Good Robert you found the correct question in the FAQ.  Now read it
again.  Gentoo is currently a GNU/Linux distribution and may have a
GNU/Hurd distribution shortly, so it should be called Gentoo GNU/Hurd.

G'luck Jon, I hope you are on bug-hurd so you can catch any patches that
go through there.  Also, please see the hurdextras project on savannah
for some fun extras.

Jim

p.s. Who CC'd hurd-devel?
 I removed that CC and replaced it with help-hurd since that is where
this conversation started and is a reasonable place for it.