help-librejs

Spaces not allowed in human readable string

From: Valerio Bozzolan
Subject: Spaces not allowed in human readable string
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 16:02:05 +0100

Hello LibreJS developers!

I'm reading this page:
https://www.gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html

And I've seen this phrase:

  «the human readable string does not require a specific formatting»

At the moment this phrase is not correct, since AFAIK the human
readable string does *not* allow spaces.

Try it yourself with this problematic version:

<script>
// @license magnet:blabla BSD 3 clause
// @license-end
</script>

VS this corrected version:

<script>
// @license magnet:blabla BSD-3-clause
... very long code
// @license-end
</script>

IMVHO this is a bug, but, if it's by design, please update the
documentation to say that the human readable license should not have
any space.

BTW I think this is a bug since the example itself contains spaces:

   [human readable name of the license]

-boz

--
Valerio B.

E-mail typed using Evolution in Debian GNU/Linux and delivered from my
own Postfix mailserver.

Have fun with software freedom!