Re: "Unexpected end of file" on Solaris 8

From: Jens Schweikhardt
Subject: Re: "Unexpected end of file" on Solaris 8
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:18:18 +0200

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 12:21:16PM +0200, Andrei Lenkei wrote:
# Hello all,
#
# I have a problem with GNU make 3.80 on Solaris 8. and zsh v3.0.
#
# Whenever I try to make my application I get
#
# /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `end of file' unexpected
# make: *** [clean] Error 2
#
# I have serached the bug list and on the net but the only thing I have
# found is that is seems to be related to the make file containing  an
# echo of a string with spaces in it. Something like
#    echo "la di da"

This is not very useful for diagnosing the problem. Why don't you
provide the exact fragment of your Makefile? The more specific your
report is, the more specific the solution can be. For now my answer is
"pilot error", you are doing something wrong. :-)

Regards,

        Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt  http://www.schweikhardt.net/